I am a Calgary based project manager originally from Colombia. I love to gain new knowledge to improve my career. My background includes extensive experience in Engineering Project follow up and management including analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance of technological solutions, collaborative teamwork with inspectors and outsourced suppliers to fulfill the outlined objectives. I worked on the Digital Transformation Department of Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications of Colombia in the implementation of the Enterprise Digital Transformation Centers, coordinated opening these centers at national level.
Previously, I worked in the Government Department of Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications Department of Colombia, managing web technological solutions in the following programming languages: XHTML, HTML, and CSS using free software and content managers. I also have basic knowledge in LINUX operating systems, PHP programming language, APACHE HTTP Server and MySQL databases, as well as extensive experience in World Wide Web Consortium – W3C standards, web accessibility and usability. I have strong computer proficiencies in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, and CRM Dynamics.
In addition to this experience, I trained individuals in publishing web content during my employment as a consultant in a non-governmental organization and as a project management consultant in the Ministry.
- Assist the Bow Valley College's students with inquiries regarding benefits plan (Health and Dental).
- Receive and document students’ information.
- Maintain confidential information established by the Freedom of Information Protection of Privacy Act.
- Developed a responsive website using a WordPress interface.
- Collaborated with the graphic designer to improve the graphic design.
- Supported the planning, design, execution, and monitoring of financing, co-financing and project management activities for E-Government’s technological solutions with the collaboration of IT industry.
- Supported the implementation of the mechanisms, tools, and methodologies of project management for E-Government’s technological solutions in charge.
- Supported the planning, design, execution, and monitoring of activities necessary for the opening of the Business Digital Transformation Centers in Colombia.
- Planned the requirements analysis for maintenance and new functionalities of the technological solutions in charge.
- Coordinated the team in charge of defining, monitoring and controlling assigned activities.
- Trained personnel in technological skills for the management of technological solutions of E-Government.
- Performed all the activities that ensured the development and / or maintenance of the functionalities required for E-Government’s technological solutions in charge, providing for its continuous improvement.
- Supported the planning, design, execution, and monitoring of all the development and / or maintenance activities of E-Government’s technological solutions in charge, within the times and budget set.
- Participated in the Committees and other instances of meeting and / or participation to define, design and implement projects related to E-Government’s technological solutions in charge.
- Designed, developed, implemented and put into operation The Mayors and Governors’ Informative Web Portal of Colombia.
- Attended the meetings with The Ministry of Communications, The Superior School of Public Administration, The National Planning Department and The Presidency of Republic to gather and refine specifications and requirements technical to develop The Mayors and Governors’ Informative Web Portal of Colombia.
- Coded the graphic designs (image format JPG) based on Cascading Style Sheets - CSS and Hypertext Markup Language - HTML using the guidelines of World Wide Web Consortium - W3C.
- Performed the requirements analysis for maintenance and new functionalities of the E-Government’s technological solutions in charge.
- Identified, defined, coordinated, monitored and controlled activities and tasks related to improvements or new functionalities in the E-Government’s technological solutions to assign to the team in charge.
- Trained civil servants and the Online Government Program's team in using and posting information in the E-Government’s technological solutions in charge.
- Attended the COLNODO' meeting with clients to gather and refine specifications and requirements technical to develop or redesign their website.
- Implemented and developed websites based on Actions Apps software (CMS), Hypertext Markup Language - HTML, and Cascading Style Sheets - CSS.
- Trained COLNODO ‘s clients in Action Apps software, basic concepts of HTML, CSS and how to post information their website.
- Participated in COLNODO's Web development projects as Junior Web developer.
- Performed tasks to update the websites hosted in COLNODO through Actions Apps Software (CMS).
- Supported the COLNODO's courses or training for clients as trainer assistant, mostly in Action Apps Software.
- Developed responsive websites using a WordPress interface
- Collaborated with graphic designers to develop a new theme for graphic design.
- Developed responsive websites using a WordPress interface Collaborated with graphic designers to develop a new theme for graphic design.
- Collaborated with designers’ team and the Freedom Tree’s Director to improve graphic designs.